Asphalt Cement Name Change - New Jersey
Here is some important information regarding an expected name change from the NJDOT.
The NJDOT is expected to change the name of the Polymer modified asphalt. The current name of the asphalt cement is PG76-22 this will change to PG64E-22; there will be no change to standard grade PG64-22.As a result of this change, the names of all NJDOT asphalt mixes using Polymer modified asphalt will change.
HOT MIX ASPHALT 12.5ME SURFACE COURSE
1. "HOT MIX ASPHALT" "Hot Mix Asphalt" is located in the first field in the Item description for the purpose of identifying the mixture requirements.
2. "12.5" The second field in the Item description designates the nominal maximum size aggregate (in millimeters) for the job mix formula (sizes are 4.75, 9.5, 12.5, 19, 25, and 37.5 mm).
3. "M" The third field in the Item description designates the design compaction level for the job mix formula based on traffic forecasts as listed in Table 902.02.03-2 (levels are L=low and M=medium).
4. "E" The fourth field in the Item description designates the high temperature designation of the performance-graded binder. Options are "64" for PG 64-22 and "E" for PG 64E-22.
5. "SURFACE COURSE" The last field in the Item description designates the intended use and location within the pavement structure (options are surface, intermediate, or base course).
Please feel free to contact our Quality Control Manager Richard Linton if you have any quesitons. Richard can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 973-214-3951.